Thursday, March 4, 2010

Let the experiment begin

So this morning I woke up craving a ginormous bowl of oatmeal and I don't even eat oatmeal very often. I'd say the much anticipated carb cravings have begun. I also feel VERY VERY hungry. Like even right after I eat. So I ate a little more today. I need to find a good balance that does not always end in me eating a lara bar. I'm trying to consciously be mindful of how much of things like avocado, nuts and lara bars I eat. No need to overdo it. And I could totally overdo it with those things. In fact, I did this evening. I am full. Like really full and haven't felt that way so far on paleo. I ate dinner from Day 1 again. But more meat and added guacamole instead of plain avocado. Then I ate this "grok bar" that Dave gave me (which was mother f'ing good by the way). Full - very full.

I weighed in at Weight Watchers today. Weight Watchers (WW) wants you to eat dairy and whole grains, so my leader was not thrilled about my experiment. Its just 30 days - relax. Anywho - I lost another pound, which means about 3 "real" pounds (I say real because I lost an additional 3 pounds of cookie palooza) lost in about 4 days. I'm going to tweak some things next week if this continues because it makes me nervous to lose that fast. That sounds ridiculous I know, but the WW tools told me to slow down, blah blah heart murmers, anemia, blah blah. I am sure this is just water and it will level off in the next couple of days.

Today at crossfit I was kind of faster than normal maybe. I don't know. Kettlebells and situps, both of which I do decently already. I was SOOOOOOO thirsty though. I thought that was weird. I drink a gallon of water a day already. Why would I be so thirsty?

I don't think about cheese at all, but I am CONSTANTLY thinking about grains. Its like everything I read, hear, smell - grains.

So I'm not going to say this is hard, giving up heroin is hard. But I will say it is challenging...

No comments:

Post a Comment