Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Body Fat

I did the body fat calculator and I am now at 20% according to my calculations. This tips me over in to "Athlete". I do not feel like an athlete. I feel slow and heavy and week. Especially after yesterday's WOD. I missed round 6 because I had to stop to throw up. Yes, I threw up again. I know it is associated with the heat. My body does not handle heat well at all. I now know I need to soak my t-shirt in water before the WOD now.

That is besides the point right now. What are our views of fitness in this country? I wonder if our charts have adjusted to our waist size. Or do I have a distorted body image. Maybe it is a little of both but this is the chart:

Description Women Men
Essential fat 10–13% 2–5%
Athletes 14–20% 6–13%
Fitness 21–24% 14–17%
Average 25–31% 18–24%
Obese 32%+ 25%+

I am aiming for 15%. I am hoping by that point you will be able to see my abs.

Ford Modeling agency has created a new division of plus size models. Although I agree with this article that these women do not look plus size to me (I really do not think an 8 is a plus size). They do not look fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment