Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Thank God it isn't just me

Or... Maybe it is a bad thing it isn't just me. 

We now have turf down in the new section of the gym.  It is a nice green and will be great for sled pushing.  When I look at it all I can think of is football.  I have this overwhelming desire to tackle people when they are standing alone in the middle of the room.  It is a particularly strong pull when the person looks really vulnerable. Like, when they are doing a handstand in the middle of the room.  Seriously, doing that when I am around seriously tests my impulse control.  I thought I was alone in this desire. 

Nope.

Last night 2 separate people, one male and one female, told me they wanted to tackle me.  At first I was relieved.  I thought; hey, I am not a complete loon.  Other people think about that sort of thing too.  Then on my drive home it hit me.  This could be bad.  This could be very bad.  How many of us want to tackle each other on the turf?  Will the turf turn into a great hazard?  Will helmets be a required item at CFD?

Time will tell.  I will say this: Parties with alcohol at CFD have just gotten a lot more dangerous. 







2 comments:

  1. That's a very interesting perspective. It hadn't occurred to me, but I'm not surprised to hear that it's crossed more than one crossfitters' mind. I'm gonna be much more aware of my surroundings out there now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I can find a way for you to curb this desire...

    ReplyDelete