Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Wendler and other things

December has been a pretty good month for me as far as CF goes.  My Oly lifts went up and I miraculously was able to climb a rope one day.  I have no clue how that happened, I just did it.  One slight problem... I had no clue how to get down.  Oh well, what's a little rope burn on your upper, inner thigh.

This has happened to me before.  When I was little my dad taught me how to ride my bike but forgot to teach me how to stop (peddle backwards for brake).  I was having fun going around the cul-de-sac, so he went inside.  Then it started raining, and I did not know how to stop.  I kept going around in circles.  It felt like forever but I am sure it was only a few minutes when he cam out and asked me why I was riding around in the rain.  I yelled back "I DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOP!"  My dad felt so bad.  It wasn't that big of a deal.  I did not get upset I just wet out and rode the next day.

A similar biking event happened when we spent a weekend in Nantucket.  My parents rented a bike for me.  This time it had hand brakes.  Holy crap! when you pedal backwards nothing happens.  That is okay, I will just put my feet down.  I do not know it you have ever been to Nantucket, but it is hilly.  Needless to say, my parents had to buy me a new pair of Reeboks because there was very little sole left on the ones I was wearing.

Anyway, my lifts have gone up.  I attribute this to my new work out partners and Wendler.  I am still not happy with my body, because hey I am a girl.  I am planning on going back on 4 hour on the 1st after my new years brunch.

Husband would also like to get in better shape so this makes food choices in the house easier.  The other day he asked me if I still had the picture of him from last year when he was leaner.  I told him that I could not find it on my phone.

He then got annoyed and said: "I bet you still have a photo of that fat squirrl from Chicago that you use to give cookies to."


I said:  "You mean Newton?"




"I have two."


No comments:

Post a Comment