Friday, July 8, 2011

Feels like home to me

Finding the right gym is not an easy task. There are lots of different types of gyms. I am definitely a CrossFit gym type of person. I have tried other gyms in the past and they were fine but I love the way CrossFit is set up. The drive to see my friends makes me go and endure the pain of the work out. This does not explain why I go to other CrossFits when I am out of town. I guess I am just a good little cult follower when it comes to that.

I have discovered that not all CrossFits have the same atmosphere. I went to 2 different CF gyms when I was up in Mystic visiting my parents. Both were nice. The people were warm and welcoming at both gyms. But there was just something about Groton that felt right. It felt like home. It felt like CFD.

The owner of CFG is a career firefighter named Tim. He was a very nice guy. I spent a great deal of time talking with him about the Tough Mudder after we worked out together. He made me feel a lot more at ease about it. He said the electrocution part is not bad at all.

I told him to come by Durham when he is in town. Hopefully he will feel as welcomed as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment