I read through the Level I and II Crossfit fitness goals. I can do all of 1 except for the pull-ups. Very annoying! I am also capable of doing a lot of the Level II things, but not all. I can not run a 7 minute mile. I was very proud of my recent jump to 8:40. For a long time I was stuck at 9:30. This 7 minute mark has kind of bummed me out.
These are the 10 general skills:
1. Cardiovascular/respiratory endurance - The ability of body systems to gather, process, and deliver oxygen.
2. Stamina - The ability of body systems to process, deliver, store, and utilize energy.
3. Strength - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units,
to apply force.
4. Flexibility - the ability to maximize the range of motion at a given joint.
5. Power - The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units, to apply maximum force in minimum.
6. Speed- The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
7. Coordination - The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
8. Agility - The ability to minimize transition time from one movement pattern to another.
9. Balance - The ability to control the placement of the bodies center of gravity in relation to its support base.
10. Accuracy - The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
Lets see where I fall shall we...
1. Endurance - Hmmm, I ran a marathon in January, so I will give myself a check on this one but I still need to work on it.
2. Stamina- I really do not understand the difference between this and Endurance. On Friday we did 325 squats, I did not get out of breath but around squat 270, I fell on my ass because I hit muscle failure. I got up and was able to go again but my left quad did ask me what the hell I thought I was doing. I told it to shut up and got up and continued squatting.
3. Strength- No (note to self: hang out with Mandy more, maybe her awesomeness will rub off)
4. Flexibility- Check, I can touch my toes and do a back-bend among other flexible stuff.
5. Power - Again, not sure I understand the difference between this and strength. Solution must be to hang out with Mandy more.
6. Speed- Sort of but needs work, Half check
7. Coordination- Massive fail. Should watch Daniel to hone this skill
8. Agility- Fail. Again, study Daniel.
9. Balance- I am okay at this, half check
10. Accuracy- Fail
4 out of 10.... This badass thing is going to take a lot of work.