Friday, October 7, 2011

Fasting

Today I fasted. I got up at 5 am to coach a class. The fasting became difficult around noon. I spent lunch with my sister and brand new niece. Holding a little wiggle worm while my sister got a slight break. This was good for my mood but it was short lived. I quickly got stressed out about upcoming events and then everything started to make me angry. Blood sugar has an amazingly strong effect on my mood. I also noticed how often I am offered food. This might be why I am over weight.... First thing in the morning another coach at CrossFit offered me a power bar thing that he made. It looked like a giant blondie. That is to say it looked amazing. Around 11:30 I was on the phone with another friend who asked me to lunch. Then my sister offered me half of her pie. (I do not know if you know this about me but I love pie.) I went over to another friend's house to drop off a key and she offered me brownies. They were paleo brownies but still brownies. Actually, still food for that matter. I wonder if this happens every day and I just do not notice it. Am I eating way more than I think I am? Anyway, by the time sundown came (around 7:15) I was past hungry. I drank some juice and then stopped feeling so annoyed by everything. When I got home I choked down one slice of leftove pizza and felt way over stuffed. The body is a weird thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment