Wednesday, October 19, 2011

You can no longer wear short sleeves!

I bruise easily. I think we have established this. This past weekend I went to the CrossFit Kettle Bell instructor's certification class. I got two nasty bruises on my arms from the KB cleans. I ask the instructor if I was doing it wrong and he said: "No, that bruise shows that you have it in the pocket." Meaning that, it was landing in the right place. Greg (the class helper) said that it might be that bad because I chose a lighter weight and could easily throw it around. After the bruise was there, I was not about to go up in weight and hit myself repeatedly with a heavier Kettle Bell. I found this article that says you should find KBs with flat sides. That was not an option and as I mentioned earlier, I think a good part of the problem is that I bruise easily. I am not sure what to do about this. I have looked it up on line and have found no magic non bruising vitamin that I might be low in. I have been going non stop for most of this year. No, I am not exaggerating. I have been working 3 jobs trying to get my photography business up and running. I also have had some family things that I have had to deal with this past week that have taken a lot out of me. This weekend's cert pushed me over the edge. I woke up yesterday feeling like I had been hit by a freight train. I slept most of the day then went in to coach a one on one at CFD. One of the other instructors took me aside and said very earnestly: "Bea, you are not to wear short sleeves again until those bruises have healed." I am wearing long sleeves today.

No comments:

Post a Comment