Friday, April 15, 2011

4hr body Day 5

Another diet.... I was getting frustrated because I dropped 8 lbs and then it just stopped. I started reading The 4 hr Body after a coworker told me about it. Husband had already heard about it and downloaded for his Kindle. It is a really long book with a ridiculous lead in. I have no clue the amount of pages that are devoted to how great of a book it is going to be because I read it on my Kindle; but they should have been edited down.

Here are the diet rules:

Rule #1: Avoid “white” carbohydrates. Don’t eat bread, pasta, rice (brown or white), grains, potatoes, breaded fried food or dairy on your slow-carb days.

Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again. Meals should include protein, legumes, and non-starchy vegetables; eat as much as you like, 3-4x/day.

Rule #3: Don’t drink calories. Avoid milk (including soy), sweetened soda (no more than 16oz of diet), and fruit juice. One or two glasses of red wine are permitted.

Rule #4: Don’t eat fruit. Tomatoes and avocados are okay (the latter in moderation).

Rule #5: Take one day off per week. Go nuts and eat lots of calories to keep your metabolic rate (thyroid function, conversion of T4 to T3, leptin) up. Do at least five days of rules 1-4 before following rule 5.

It is basically paleo with the fruit taken out and legumes added in. Drum roll please...... down 3 lbs. I am actually a little scared about rule 5. I have decided I just can not handle the stress related with an entire day of cheating. I will do a cheat meal instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment