Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Yay Football!

The majority of my dad's side of the family live in Connecticut. You would think that this would lead to peace and happiness when we have large get togethers and talk about sports. You would be VERY wrong.

You see, Connecticut itself, does not have major sports teams. The states on either side do. Those states are Massachusetts and New York. I am going to leave hockey out of this discussion and just focus on the 2 major sports for the Parker clan. I am of course talking about Football and Baseball.

My parents live on the Northeastern side of the state. My dad was born in Boston (I am sure you can see where this is going). I am a Patriot. I am also a Red Sox fan. Only mildly on the Red Sox part though, just because I find baseball boring unless you are there in person. Football though.... I love football.

My cousins, Tommy and Christopher, grew up in New Fairfeild. You could toss a rock at New York from New Fairfeild. (And honestly if you had the chance of hitting a Jet why wouldn't you?) This makes for some interesting gatherings.

At our 4th of July gathering my dad made me go put on my Brady jersey just to annoy my uncle. It worked.

This is just a long winded way of saying that I am happy football is on and I think it would be fun to do some football WODs (Uhmm, Dave).

No comments:

Post a Comment