Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Another round

Last night we had a Valentine's Day dinner that consisted of: baked brie (because brie is awesome), Etoile (the champaign we had at our wedding), and Wendy's (what we had on on first outing together). Not at all paleo but well worth doing.

Do not get me wrong; I think it would be a bad idea to eat Wendy's every night. Food is a huge part of our lives. It is more than just something that sustains us. There are emotional attachments to foods. We all have them and that is not a bad thing. It is silly to try to deny it and cut them out of our lives entirely. I know, for me at least, it would lead to frustration and ultimately failure. The trick is not to let the attachments control you when you are feeling down. Try not to get comfort from food. It is not easy, but I think that it is important. Because for me that is when food turns into an enemy.

Today, I start another Whole 30, slightly modified for my needs. I have a partner in crime that will hopefully help me stay strong when food is trying to act like a friend to lean on. I want to loose more weight and I want to get stronger and eating badly does not help that. Whole 30 helps because it has an end point. You should always eat well but it is not realistic for me to say that I am never going to have sugar again. So, no more Berliners for a little while, fruit instead.



No comments:

Post a Comment