Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Form

Last night I was asked if it counts when your form sucks. I wasn't sure how to answer this. I know the person asking wanted the answer to be yes but my belief is no. Yes, you got the weight up but when your form is not their you are not using the muscles you are suppose to to use in order to do the lift. We harp on form because when you let that slip you are headed for disaster. You are headed for injury.

I let my form slip last April. I was just not paying attention during a jerk and I lost control of the weight. That little slip led to months of pain, surgery, and lot of lost time. I understand the want to be strong. I am a 5'2" female that has mostly male friends. Most of my life I have been trying to compete in sports with people that are stronger and faster than I am.

Now, I am hard headed and willing and able to push through pain, but that does not men I should in order to beat my friends. You only have one body. Do not destroy it just to pick up 5 more pounds. Watch your form and be honest with yourself. If your body does not allow you to pick up he weight with he right form then you should stop. That is just my little rant... take it or leave it.

Side note. All of the photos are now up from the Carolina Fitness Challenge. Here is a shot of Jason:


No comments:

Post a Comment