Friday, February 11, 2011

Sick

I have been sick this week. It has put a delay on my 5-3-1 training. I am feeling much better today but I think I am going to give my body a couple more days of rest. I tried to do a little on Wednesday and it just made me feel much worse.

The time off from work and CrossFit gave me time to get a few things in my life in order. I recently did a Living Social Coupon and I have a lot of work ahead of me. This kind of work is good. It is the kind I love. I actually need more like it so I can quit my temp job that is paying my bills. Three jobs for the past year has not been easy but if it leads to me being able to do what I love then it is all worth it.

Figuring out how you want to spend your time in this life is difficult. My oldest friend recently took the leap into doing something she loves. I have known her since I was 5. We are actually blood sisters. We did the pricking of fingers and everything. She has always been the brave one. At 3 she climbed to the top of the high dive and jumped right off. It took some convincing by Tamara but eventually I did it too. She has always been kind of my hero. She is bold and goes after what she wants even if it is scary.

I am going to make a concerted effort this year to be fearless. I am going to get stronger and do a few mud runs. Why? Because they look like fun. I am also going to try to pay off all my debt (student loans and car) so that I can go on more adventures. I want to be strong. I want to be fearless. I want to see the world. I am going to try my best to make that happen this year. It is time to take the leap. What leap are you going to take this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment