Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Food Log

Yesterday, my partner in crime and I started using a program called DietSnaps. DietSnap allows you to keep a food log by taking photos of your food. I recently read an article that said that this sort of thing helped. I forgot about our plan to start until after I ate lunch; so, yesterday she only got a picture of a banana peel and my dinner. I really think having someone else that you are showing your meals to really helps. It makes me (at least) feel more accountable for what I am putting in my body.

We switched from My Net Diary because typing everything in was a bit tedious. I am now on day 3 of my Paleoish (I eat dairy) plan. I am still feeling fine. I find that if I eat several small meals during the day I do not get cravings for the bad things. It also helps that I am now temping at State in their HR dept. Ironically, they are much healthier than the hospital staff.

I also read something in the New York Times last week that said that there is a magic hour. If people eat protein between 3 and 4 pm they are less likely to gain weight than people that ate nothing during that time. I am going to give it a shot. It seems like a good time to snack anyway because it gives me food before CrossFit but also gives me enough time to digest it so I do not get my name on the board again (under Pukie).







No comments:

Post a Comment