Thursday, February 24, 2011

Science

Or as Sabah and Ryan would say: thience. I have a really hard time believing this study. The actually say: "Just 10 minutes of staring at the charms of a well-endowed female, is roughly equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out." Does it work for women too? And if so can I get skinny by looking at my own boobs? Great, now men have a reason for talking to our chest instead of our face. "Sorry ladies, it is for my health."


In other news, I am having insane leg cramps again. I had them when I was a kid during swim season. I swam from the time I was really little into high school (not continuously). My mom would just give me potassium supplements and feed me bananas. This is what web MD says can cause them:


  1. Getting too much exercise or overusing the muscles.

  2. Standing on concrete for a long time, sitting for a long time, or putting your legs in awkward positions while you sleep.

  3. Not having enough potassium, calcium, and other minerals in your blood.

  4. Being dehydrated, which means your body has lost too much fluid.

  5. Taking certain medicines, such as antipsychotics, birth control pills, diuretics, statins, and steroids.

  6. Having flat feet.

  7. Having thyroid disease

I think only 1 & 3 apply; but I love how they feel the need to explain what being dehydrated means.


I have started drinking coconut water again and taking potassium supplements to combat this. There are very few things worst then waking up in the middle of the night in sheer agony because your legs are cramping up.




No comments:

Post a Comment