Monday, June 20, 2011

Highly inefficient

So, I finally got my chest to hit the damn bar. I have, for a while now, been able to get it parallel to the bar but getting it to actually touch the bar had eluded me. Husband said that it did not count unless I could get it to Touch the bar. He told me this 4 days ago. It makes me very annoyed when he says things like that. I suppose that is a good thing because then I get determined to make it happen.

I asked Ollie to tell me what I was doing wrong. He told me I just needed to kip the hell out of it. I took this under advisement.

Two days later I was in the gym with Jack and did my first chest to actual bar. It matters that it is Jack because a while ago Dave said that whatever you accomplish only counts if you can do it 3 times and if you do it in front of him. He then amended that to include me and Jack. I think he did this because I kept making him look every time I tried anything new.



Jack's response was: "That was a highly inefficient way of doing it but you did do it." Later that night at dinner I told husband about my triumph. He looked at Jack for confirmation. (Boys are so annoying). Jack then said. I think I only saw it twice.

ERRG!

The next morning he left for vacation. So, I videoed my highly inefficient pull-up and sent it via text to Jack. Problem solved.

I would like to take a moment to point out that when I told Dunsey, she just hugged me and said congrats. That is the difference between girls and boys. Boys are just meaner.

1 comment:

  1. Boys go to Jupiter to get more stupider. Girls go to Mars and get more candy bars. Yaaaa!

    Congrats, Bea! I think the stupid "3 times" rule is completely stupid anyway. Hey, what do you know? It was made up by a boy. Hmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete