Monday, June 6, 2011

Okay, now I am motivated.

I have a Mud Run this weekend. It is the North Carolina USMC mud run. I probably should be training for it, but I have not been. It is only 3 miles. I can do 3 miles... or so I think so.

I am also signed up for the Tough Mudder in December. I was mildly more motivated for this one because it is 12 miles long. I thought: I should start running more. My attitude has changed drastically today. Now, I want to kick ass at it.

Why the sudden change in attitude you ask. This guy:




That is Brian. He is a cop, an agent with FDLE to be exact. He is also on the SOT team (commonly known as SWAT). He has been known to jump out of helicopters with his fellow SOT friends to catch bad guys. No, I am not exaggerating.




He is part of the reason I am not fat anymore. When I started to loose weight in 2004, he created a work out program for me. That work out program got me down to 115 lbs. He is a mentor of sorts. He introduced me to the kettle bell.

I, somehow, have convinced him to do the Tough Mudder with me. I want to beat him. I want to beat him royally. Let the training begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment