Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mud run


I am now on the other side of my first mud run. I learned some very important things about myself. First, I need to be more aggressive. My WASPy upbringing does not mix well with competition. I actually found myself saying "pardon me" as I tried to get pass people. I did this through a great deal of the race.

The run was very crowded. There were a lot of times when things bottle necked. When this happened it got a little dangerous. The first bottle neck I had the wind knocked out of me by a rather muscular Army dude that slammed in to the back of me because he was not paying attention. He then quickly caught me from falling down and said "Sorry darlin". Honestly, ( I know this is SO not women's lib of me) being called darlin in a southern accent by a good looking guy makes up for the fact that he knocked the wind out of me. Later in the race I was tackled by a little girl (probably about twelve). It is important when the field opens up to get by as many people as possible to avoid injury in the future.

I got a little over heated. I might need to cary some water if it is going to be in the 90s. My body does not like heat. You would think this would not be the case because I am from Florida but it is. I am hoping that it will be cool in December in Tampa. It really should be but you never know with Florida.

I also learned that I have a lot of work to do. I started today. I ran a mile then did chest to bar pull- ups. I will progressively add more miles and try to get better at getting over things and crawling through things.

By the way the Minimus were the best shoes ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment