Wednesday, June 1, 2011

That can't be good

Today's work out consisted of several sets of 2 heavy thrusters and then the WOD which was 40 ground to over head ( heavy ) and every time you put down the bar you had to do 6 burpees.

To start with, I do not do burpees in a WOD if there are more than a couple. It causes a lot of pain and swelling in my wrist and I do not like pain and swelling, I do high box jumps instead.

During the last of the thrusters my wrist started to hurt. This made me decide that I would go with a strict press. It was a little painful but I did not think anything of it until I went home and felt tingling in 3 of my fingers.

I iced the hell out of it for the rest of the night and reassessed my priorities. I do not have health insurance right now. I need to be more careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment