Monday, June 13, 2011

Stop looking at me like I am a freak

I have been following a diet for 5 weeks now. I am in the home stretch, with one week to go. One week left until Dori and I are finished with out bet. I have lost about 6 more pound since we started this thing. I will be honest with you, I do not feel amazing. I feel the same.

The only difference is that I get sad when I think about pizza and macaroni and cheese. Actually, I feel a little violent when I think about others eating macaroni and cheese. I am pretty convinced that is the reason a friend of mine did not order it when we stopped at Red Robin on the way to the mud run. He was scared I would hurt him. Probably, rightly so.

I do not believe all the hype about feeling great because you are eating clean. I just don't. I feel the same. What is true, is that you loose weight when you diet and people look at you like you are a freak when you order a sandwich with no bread.

All sorts of diets work for people. I have known a lot of people that have had luck with Weight Watchers. It is a little touchey feely for me but it does work. What made this diet work for me was Dori. Dori supplied support and accountability.

Support and accountability are 2 of the most important things in life. We get better at CrossFit because we have just that in our box.

In one week I will continue to eat healthy. I will just be doing it with whole grains.

3 comments:

  1. "I do not believe all the hype about feeling great because you are eating clean."

    I have to tell you, I think you haven't had the right experience yet. I've tried about every approach to diet that I'm aware of (including some extreme), and a variety of approaches that I've developed myself. Many of them make me feel terrible. Some of them just feel terrible for a couple weeks, then get better.

    In general, I've found that there is a gigantic difference in my sense of satisfaction, well being, and day to day quality of life, when I'm eating ideally vs. not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By eating clean I mean Paleo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kudos for finding out what works for you. At this point in time I eat what makes me feel good and perform to my expectations. For me that looks like a lowish carb paleo diet with a lot of fat thrown in. Based on how I react to them, sugar and gluten are the devil. Starches/cheese aren't so bad, too much just kills my energy levels. I still love crushing mac and cheese though when a good opportunity arises :)

    ReplyDelete