Tuesday, December 28, 2010

34

I will be 34 for 2 more days (including today). This has been undoubtedly one of the toughest years I have ever had. I have however, had a few good friends that have helped me navigate through. Most of these friends I have met through CrossFit. That is one of the amazing things about my box. The people there genuinely care about each other. It is a big family that looks out for one another. I really do not know if it is this way for every box but it definitely is for mine.

I tend to use my birthday as the day I resolve to be a better Bea, instead of new years. They are incredibly close to one another so it really doesn't matter which one I use but it seems to make more sense to me to go with my birthday instead.

So, this year... I promise to try my best to get stronger and improve my overall health. I promise to not procrastinate as much and to push really hard with my photography. I also promise to follow my grandfather's favorite saying: Noli nothis permittere te terere. He would just say it in English, but I think it is more powerful in Latin. Everything is more powerful in Latin.

Quick update on my no grains: I have been very good; not a single grain in 8 days. I have held strong even though the grain fairy seems to have returned from her one day break.

Here is a photo I took of my favorite CrossFit in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment