Monday, December 6, 2010

It goes against everything I believe in but hey, at least it tastes bad.

As I said in my last post; I model my food beliefs after Michael Pollan. His mantra is this:
Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants
"Eat Food" is where I failed today (and the plant bit too). I ate a highly processed food like substance. I will be honest it is quick, easy, cheap, and (here is the lure) warm. Most of the time Lean Cuisine tastes okay..... not this one. I will not be buying it ever again. (I took the photo with my Hipstamatic for dramatic effect.)


Luckily, the woman next to me had some Texas Pete's Hot sauce. I just loaded it up on that and then could only taste burning. Another thing that helped me get through this meal was the fact that I eat really quickly.
I attribute this "ability" to middle school. In middle school we had 30 min for lunch. It took at least 10 min to get everyone lined up the proper way, 5 min to get to the lunch room, 5 to 10 min waiting in the lunch line 5 min to eat then we had to line up again to get back to class. Voila, a life time of over eating due to scarfing things down is born.
I have lost 3.6 lbs since starting my diet last week. After eating a particularly bad low calorie meal my mind starts to wonder. Right now I can not stop thinking about chicken and waffles. Luckily, they close at 3 today, so eating at Dame's for dinner is not an option. It is really easy to start things, much harder to continue them.

No comments:

Post a Comment