Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I am a little black rain cloud of course.


This may come as a shock, but I am a bit of an Eeyore (I know you have just gasped). I am an Eeyore that married an uber Eeyore. I do know who to go to when I am feeling a bit more ennui then usual though... My Tiggers if you will. Over the last 2 days I talked to two of them. They were awesome, as they always are. Actually one is more of a Christopher Robbin (you know who you are). She is actually a very good person to talk to because she tells me that I am looking at things the wrong way and then sets me back on the correct path. Voila! Happier Bea.

What started me on my downward spiral this time? An annoying person that argued with me about food. This was just the tipping point there were other issues too. But this was the thing that really pushed me over the edge.

For the better part of my life, 28 years, I was a pesco-pollo-tarian. I ate chicken and fish but no other meat. I also spent a couple of years being a full on vegetarian. I never attempted to be a vegan. I love cheese and honey. I do not know why but people get angry when you say you do not eat something. They get mad when you say you do eat something for that matter. Why does it matter what I put in MY mouth? You start to develop stories that give you the least resistance when people comment on your food intake.

Right now I eat just about everything. Everything but grains and processed sugar..... I still get yelled at. Why? Why do you, the person sitting next to me at work care that I eat my tuna salad on a lettuce leaf vs a slice of bread.?

The only reason I can come up with is this:

You really want me to eat the sugar coated pretzel things you left in the break room for everyone to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Fight back! Bring in some of those paleo crackers and show those...erm...silly persons...what REAL (and really good!) food tastes like! To make them extra sinful rub like half a stick of butter into them while they're still warm. NOM.

    ReplyDelete