Friday, March 19, 2010

Bacon and some other stuff


I'm really not sure how I have lived so many years without bacon as a standard staple in my diet. Bacon is pretty gross when you think about it and look at it - perhaps that is why I have avoided it. But cooked up crisp or wrapped around a pork chop or mixed in with your burger - I forget the grossness and enjoy the delectable porcine goodness.

Take a pork chop, dollop a little apple butter on top (fruit juice sweetened of course) and wrap the whole mess up in a couple slices of bacon - bake for 45 min at 375 and you get my favorite bacon meal yet. Picture shown is this delicious masterpiece.

I am also enjoying bacon with my morning hard boiled egg whites.

Calories still count on paleo, so I'm trying to be aware of the potential overuse of this fatty mcfatty treat.

What's your favorite bacon meal?

P.S. I ate some paleo fudge last night that I had made for the superbowl paleo party. It keeps in the freezer so thats not gross. I love that stuff. Totally satisfied any cravings.

http://www.drbenkim.com/how-make-healthy-fudge-brownies.htm

P.S.S. As promised the scale has officially been put away. It is weird unchartered territory to not care what the scale is saying everyday sometimes 4-5 times a day. But I feel FREE! Disclaimer - still weigh once a week at Weight Watchers though.

P.S.S.S. I love P.S.'s. Anywho - forgot to mention that I feel a little awkward in my Weight Watchers meetings now. I have slacked on tracking things and have no interest in finding the lowest point item. Frankly, its been really nice not to THINK so much about food. Am I considering straying from WW? Could I go Paleo full time? Well I think this is just crazy talk too. I'm still not convinced you could really "live" like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment