Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Total paleo success people



Craving italian? How about trying some paleo italian. Hells yeah - spaghetti squash is. where. it's. at.

Tonight I feasted on spaghetti made with spaghetti squash + ground bison + newman's own tomato and onion sauce. Had a side of baked zucchini. This was excellent and totally hit the italian spot.

I know. Newman's Own is not 100% paleo, but the one ingredient that is not paleo, sugar, is very low on its list of ingredients. In the name of all that is good and holy, I needed a tiny bit of convenience tonight.

Spaghetti squash is ridiculously simple to make. Get one, cut in half, scoop out guts, throw one half in oven (for single / double serving - I was hungry - don't judge) at 375 for about half an hour. I nuked mine for a few minutes because I needed food pronto. Take out of oven and string out using a fork. This stuff soaks up all the goodness that was my sauce. This rocked. I can't say it enough. Maybe I was just super hungry.

Seriously, I need to find a caveman that would appreciate this kind of kitchen masterpiecery.

No comments:

Post a Comment